Friday, February 5, 2010

Are you ready to rumble?

This Super Bowl Sunday we will sit in anticipation as the Indianapolis Colts play the New Orleans Saints. Payton Manning will lead the Colts in the same arena in Miami where they defeated the Chicago Bears in 2006. The New Orleans Saints will be lead by their quarterback, Drew Brees, who probably has the coolest name ever! However there is one large distinction, the Saints have never been to the Super Bowl. So, are you going to root for the underdog or the top dog?


Personally, I am hoping the New Orleans Saints will defeat the Colts this Sunday. There are a handful of reasons why I feel this way. Firstly, I think that taking the Super Bowl title back to New Orleans will be uplifting to many of the people of Louisiana. Secondly, Drew Brees is not only a strong quarterback but has donated much of his free time to charities such as Habitat for Humanity while encouraging other football players to join him. Brees is a leader and I believe he will lead his team to a much needed victory. Thirdly, I heard through the grapevine of media that Reggie Bush of the New Orleans Saints will propose to his girlfriend Kim Kardashian if he brings home the win. Finally, I will be sporting the Saints this Sunday because I am all for the underdog! The Colts won a few years ago, I say let the Saints have it.


Archie Manning, the father of both quarterback sons, Payton and Eli was a past quarterback of the New Orleans Saints....I wonder who he will be cheering for on game day?

To everybody out there who eats, sleeps and drinks football....enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday. Have fun with friends and family and remember to be safe. We need all the fans ready for next year when it’s the Chicago Bears turn to take home to title.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the super bowl, and I did root for the Saints. I am a southern boy at heart, born in southern arkansas. So for me when it comes to football, if it isn't the bears, it's the saints. So now if the bears can just win I will have both of my teams as super bowl champs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing that I enjoy the most about the superbowl is the superbowl parties afterwards. Me and my cousins won a vip fully loaded pakages at Green Dolphin and it was the best party I think I've ever endoyed. I am not really a sports fan, so I really can't tell you was playing that year.

    ReplyDelete